Von: Ramnish Kalsi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: Markus Hapke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: RE: What to put into JAVA_HOME on Windows xp
Datum: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:19:24 +0100

Remove bin from the JAVA_HOME.
JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.4\AppServer\jdk

-ramnish.
-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Hapke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 25 September 2005 21:27
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: What to put into JAVA_HOME on Windows xp

Hello,

I just installed tomcat 5.0.28 successfully.

Then tested the samples in
C:\TOMCAT\webapps\jsp-examples\jsp2 - they worked.

Thed tried to test a .jsp of my own- getting the error msg in the MS
Internet-Explorer:
=================== BEGIN of error Msg ============================ HTTP
Status 500 -
type Exception report

message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:3
46)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:414)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
11)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
95)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

root cause
Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the
JDK

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(C
ompilerAdapterFactory.java:106)
        org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:935)
        org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:764)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
11)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
95)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.
=================== END of error Msg===== ==========================

I set the environment entry of JAVA_HOME to C:\JDK1.4\AppServer\jdk\bin

Is that correct?

OK, nobody of you could know where I have my J2EE (1.4) :
it is 'mounted' under:
C:\JDK1.4\AppServer
and i can find the javac.exe under: C:\JDK1.4\AppServer\jdk\bin

Is my entry of the JAVA_HOME correct?
Is there another error?

Thanx in advance, Markus

--