From: Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:56:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Multiple Threads for one webapp

It seems you have a thread started in the background during the life of
the application.
This thread goes to some external place of storage and to look for
emails to send.
It seems this thread is not stopped when a context is reloaded.
When the app is reloaded - a new thread is started.
In this case - the app was restarted 6 times - leaving you 7 threads
all looking to the smae external loctation for sending emails.

Solution: Use a ServletContextListerner to detect webapp shutdown so
the thread may be stopped.

-Tim

Mahesh S Kudva wrote:

Hi All

I have setup virtual hosts for 3 apps with virtual hosts config as follows. These virtual hosts are first handled by Apache and mod_jk.

My
apps have scheduler and automated mailing services.

<Host name="vhost.domain.com" debug="0" appBase=”deploy” unpackWARs="true">
        <Alias>www.vhost.domain.com</Alias>
directory="${jboss.server.home.dir}/log" prefix="vhost_log1." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/> <Context path="" docBase="${jboss.server.home.dir}/deploy/application.war" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
</Host>

This config is mailing the same mail 7 time. Further I noticed that there were 7 service started of the same kind. Querying the

developer,
he said that he had coded the apps to have the mail sent once every

week.
The mails are sent once every week but as said 7 copies of the same

mail
is delivered.

The request for the app results in page not found if I follow the following config, even thought there is no error in startup.

<Context path="application" docBase="${jboss.server.home.dir}/deploy/application.war" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

Can you guys have any idea on this and help me troubleshoot ???