Many articles talk about how access https using java client throws
HttpsURLConnection.

You must use :
  - your own TrustManager (implements javax.net.ssl.X509TrustManager)
  - your own KeyManager  (implements javax.net.ssl.X509KeyManager)
  - your own HostnameVerifer(implements javax.net.ssl.HostnameVerifer)

and use this following code :

    TrustManager[] objTrustManager = new TrustManager[] {new
MyX509TrustManager()};
    KeyManager[] objKeyManager = new KeyManager[] {new MyX509KeyManager()};

    SSLContext sc = SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
    sc.init(objKeyManager, objTrustManager, new SecureRandom());

    SSLSocketFactory objSocketFactory = sc.getSocketFactory();
    HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(objSocketFactory);

    HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultHostnameVerifier(new MyHostnameVerifer());

    URL objUrl = new URL(...)
    HttpsURLConnection objHttpsURLConnection =
(javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection) objUrl.openConnection();

I hope it's help you.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/10/2005 17:54:30 >>>
Hi

I've got a servlet which works fine when using http. But when I want to access
it through https I get a certificate unknown exception. Why does
https://localhost:8443 work in a browser but accessing my servlet (with java
client)  not? Do I need to make my servlet SSL aware? Using another secure
webserver works with my client. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!