You either have to stop using ActionForm or go in and rewrite the code
on multiparts.  The existing code is really sloppy and bad.  There are
references that do nothing.  Others do things they shouldn't do, etc.
Essentially, you really should avoid using it and write your own
implementation of the commons implementation.  Unfortunately, Martin
Cooper has his finger in both pies and really does not play with
others on this.  He just keeps it to himself pretty much.  If you want
to get a snapshot before the next unrehearsed release, better do it
now.

On 10/9/05, Dhiren Bhatia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yea, I'm using Struts. I like some of its features so I want to continue
> using it. But multipart is a mess. So, is there any way to retain the
> parameters in HTTPServletRequest?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On 10/9/05, Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Are you using Struts?  Struts has a bizarre idea that causes this type
> > of problem.
> >

> > On 10/8/05, Dhiren Bhatia < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >  I'm having trouble with the HttpServletRequest object if my post
> contains
> > > multipart data. The request object loses all the parameters set from the
> > > html form.
> > > i.e. request.getParameter("myParam"); always returns null. If I remove
> the
> > > multipart encoding from my form, I see the parameter values.
> > >  If I use the OReilly MultipartRequest, the constructor needs me to set
> the
> > > directory to save the file in so I cannot make that value dynamic by
> > > receiving it from the HTTP post. I want to receive the dir name where
> the
> > > file will be saved from the HTML form.
> > >  Any ideas? Hope this makes sense.
> > >  Thanks,
> > > -D
> > >

> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]