De: David Delbecq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: martes, 11 octubre, 2005 16:50
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Problems with graphics on Tomcat 5.5.9 OK!!! BUT.....

Hello, if, like i suppose from your various errors, jfreechart require
awt/swing api and do draw on it,
you need to run the tomcat server inside a X server, not only do you
need to have fonts
installed and corresponding X libraries (like your link suggest was
problem), you also need to
to have X server running and DISPLAY envirronement variable set accordingly.

I would first suggest you start tomcat with
CATALINA_OPT="-Djava.awt.headless=true"
If, like i suppose will be the case, you get HeadlessExceptions when
running like this, this mean
you definitly need to run tomcat server inside a X environment.

regards
David Delbecq
Mauricio Fernandez A. a écrit :

>Thanks for your help
>
>Now I have reinstalled the XFree86 completly including the Xvfb and I can
>start it (XVfb), to test if it is running I execute a xclock and I don´t
get
>any error, so I think it is running ok
>
>However, now, when I try to get the jsp wich must show a graphic I get
>another different error:
>

>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>       org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createBarChart3D(ChartFactory.java:764)

com.Prueba.comandos.Graficador2.crearBarChart3DVertical(Graficador2.java:19
>6)

org.apache.jsp.jsp.grafica_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.grafica_jsp:1
>67)
>       org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>

>And in another web app in the same server the error is:
>

>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>       java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>       java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
>       java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:821)
>       java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>       java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:804)
>       com.actelion.control.Graficador.asignarBackground(Graficador.java:97)
>
> com.actelion.control.Graficador.crearBarChartVertical(Graficador.java:524)

org.apache.jsp.jsp.graficaVisitasMedicasEspecialidadCategoria_jsp._jspServi

http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/TECHSUPP/MIPROD.NSF/0/a832a07452b9a0e385256f