The ISAPI filter is not responsible for starting Tomcat: it merely handles
redirecting requests from IIS to Tomcat. You can configure your machine to
start Tomcat automatically:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/NT-Service-howto.htm

And you can even configure Tomcat to start in the same service as your web
server:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/in-process-howto.htm

Most of this documentation should be in the Tomcat standard download.
Yours...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
UBQT Media PLC