Hello Jeff, Hello List,

thank you very much for your reply. A look at this example would have
prevent me from spending a lot of time and writeing the other mail. The
build in example doesn't work at my installation. That j_security_check
stuff is missing. But that doesn't matter, I try to use basic auth for the
first throw.

I copied the parts of examples web.xml to my context and modified the path.
If I try to surf to that "secret" path the password box pops up. The
password box then only accepts the valid users, so far everything is o.k.
But then there is a 404 Error. The Browser points to the right file in the
right directory but there is a 404 not found. How is that possible? What do
I do wrong?

thannks in advance,

Sascha