Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: Where does System.out.println go under Tomcat

The logs just go to stdout as normal. Assuming you're using a Unix
variant, when you run startup.sh from a console, the stdout output goes to
the console window by default. If you log out then you'll lose any further
output, but Tomcat will continue as normal.

I redirect stdout and stderr to separate files from
$TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh as follows:

$BASEDIR/tomcat.sh start "$@" >>$TOMCAT_HOME/stdout.log
2>>$TOMCAT_HOME/stderr.log

Kevin