List won out in the long run.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kilbride [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 5:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ArrayList vs. Vector

I recently re-wrote some older java code (jdk 1.1 based) and one of my goals
was to use the new collection classes. I moved all of my Hashtables/Vectors
that didn't need to be thread safe to HashMaps/ArrayLists. No problems under
Tomcat.

I still use Vectors/Hashtables when I need thread safety, though. Does
anyone know if it's faster/better to wrap one of the new collection classes
in a Collections.synchronized* class instead? It just seems easier to me to
use Vectors/Hashtables, since they're already internally synchronized.

Thanks,
--jeff