Indeed configuring mod_jk is highly procedural. You
may have to follow the 'mod_jk how to' in your
$TOMCAT_HOME/docs/ directory.
The html document covers how to build the mod_jk form
the tomcat source (which you may have to download).
Remember to copy the 'mod_jk.so' generated by your
apache to the directory your apache installation finds
its loadable modules like the '/user/libexec/apache/'.
And add the lines in your httpd.conf file to load the
same.
Finally check out how to have apache redirect .jsp and
'/yourContextName/*' to tomcat, documentation can be
found at $TOMCAT_HOME/docs/ 'apache and Tomcat.

Allan Kamau.

#1----------------------------------------------------

#2----------------------------------------------------
> > I don't have a test directory, but I am also
> getting the following error
> > when trying to start Tomcat:
> >
> > 2001-05-03 09:24:04 - ContextManager: Adding
> context Ctx( /examples )
> > 2001-05-03 09:24:04 - ContextManager: Adding
> context Ctx( /admin )
> > Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error
> messages
> > 2001-05-03 09:24:04 - ContextManager: Adding
> context Ctx(  )
> > 2001-05-03 09:24:04 - ContextManager: Adding
> context Ctx( /test )
> > FATAL:java.io.IOException: Address already in use
> > java.io.IOException: Address already in use
> >         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(PlainSocketImpl.java:native)
> >         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:43)
> >         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:53)
> >         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:30)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerS
> > ocketFactory.java:97)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
> > :239)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)