Shure you can (at least, I do it since a half year)
But be careful to start command.com with enough enviroment space
/e:4096 or more.
There is something about it in the docs\readme file....
and its a good idea to set JAVA_HOME like
JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.2.2
and use short DOS 8+3 filenames for TOMCAT_HOME

Holger