Well,

all my servlets are on the same webapps.
I don't use the url rewriting, but the HttpSession.

for example in the first servlet:
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
if (session == null)
 session = request.getSession(true);
session.setAttribute("path1",request.getServletPath());
RequestDispatcher dispatch =
this.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/chaining.Servlet2");
dispatch.forward(request,response);

in Servlet2
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
session.setAttribute("path2",request.getServletPath());
RequestDispatcher dispatch =
this.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/chaining.Servlet3");
dispatch.forward(request,response);

I do the same in the third servlet, but when i test my session, it's  null.

That's funny, but it only happen the first time i send the request, the
second time, everything works fine !!!

Strange !!!