On Wed, 30 May 2001, unplug wrote:

> Thanks.
> But I have read that it is better to start tomcat before apache as the
> mod_jk.conf-auto will be generated for apache.  Am I right??  So which
> one should be started first??

I always start tomcat before apache, I seem to recall reading that was
the preferred/necessary way to do it.

On the other hand, I don't use the auto-generated conf file -- and
probably you shouldn't either.  That's because likely it won't be 100%
complete and correct.  General advice is to copy that file, modify it
as needed, and use that modified conf file.

So it's not because of that conf file that you should start tomcat
first.

> David DELGRANCHE wrote:
> >
> > You just have to start apache before starting Tomcat!
> >
> > David.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]