De: Steve Salkin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: miércoles 30 de mayo de 2001 22:15
Para: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Asunto: struts in tomcat 3.3-m3

Hi-
Has anyone (else) had trouble deploying a struts application on
tomcat-3.3-m3 that works fine under 3.2.2? I (and several people here)
are experiencing oddness when trying to do this. It doesn't seem to be
particular to our app either, since the struts-example.war also causes
tomcat to fail during start-up.
The error is a basically a failure to create a SaxParser from the
SaxParserFactory - this is a static method that looks for a specific
concrete class, either from a system property or an
implementation-defined default. Apparently this is not occuring.
Workarounds would be welcome: the tag-pooling feature of 3.3 has a lot
of promise for a struts app.
Thanks,
Steve Salkin