From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 1:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Running Tomcat under Win 2K - help!

Hey all. I searched the archives and wasn't able to find any real good info
on running Tomcat under Win 2K. I understand that it should be run in
conjunction with Apache, but I can't even get it to run on it's own. I did
have it running when my box was running Win 98, but Win 2K seems to be a
little cranky/pickier about things.

Here's my setup:
Tomcat 3.2.2
Win 2K (service pack 1 and all updates)
JBuilder 4 Enterprise
JDK 1.3 (using the JDK that came with JBuilder for now)
Java add-ons: Neon Systems JDBC drivers

Environment variables:
*******************************
SET PATH=".";C:\APPS\MISC\ULTRAE~1;C:\JBUILDER4\JDK1.3\bin

rem - Set Classpath
SET CLASSPATH="."
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3\bin"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Tomcat\classes"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Tomcat\lib"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Neon\JDBC\scjd12.jar"

rem - Tomcat Java server information
SET TOMCAT_HOME="C:\Java\Tomcat"
SET JAVA_HOME="C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3"

Now when I open up a command prompt and start "c:\Java\Tomcat\bin\tomcat
run" I'll get an exception:
C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1/3\bin\java

If you look at the path, somehow the period in the jdk1.3 part of the path
is getting set to a backslash. This is the only obvious problem that I can
find. Has anybody got a work around for this on how to get Tomcat to run?

thanks for the help!