He's running linux. He can run his own nameserver for his internal network
(even if it's only one machine). He can also setup an ip-alias to one
of the "safe" addresses (I use 192.168.xxx.xxx) and names like yyy.home.jay.

Just to run Tomcat you don't need the full internet, though it helps to
pretend...  :)

Since he's stated he doesn't want to run it as an outside server, this
should do everything he wants.

--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and