Doesn't

     getServletContext().getResourceAsStream
("/WEB-INF/classes/login.xml"));

have to be

     getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/login.xml"));
?
- fs

|--------+------------------------------->
|        |          Pedro Salazar        |
|        |          <pedro-b-salazar@ptin|
|        |          ovacao.pt>           |
|        |                               |
|        |          06/27/2001 10:34 AM  |
|        |          Please respond to    |
|        |          tomcat-user          |
|        |                               |
|--------+------------------------------->

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Fernando Salazar/CAM/Lotus)
                        |
  |       Subject:     SERVLET : transform XSL+XML ->OUTPUT = blank page
                        |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Greetings,

I made a servlet where I try to produce a result to output stream of the
response object that came from a transformation of XML + XSL. But, I
just get a blank page in output...!?

I put the same piece of code that exists in doGet() of my servlet in a
isolated test class [but redirecting the output to a file]. I ran it and
it works ok... Why my servlet doesn't give nothing to my client??

I put my code below. My servlet runs in the root "/" of my context.
In my servlet, if I put a println of a string, i will saw the string,
but just the string...

thanks,
Pedro Salazar

---------------
SAMPLE ISOLATED
---------------
Source xmlSource = null;
Source xslSource = null;

xmlSource = new javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource("login.xml");
xslSource = new javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource("login.xsl");
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);
transformer.transform(xmlSource, new StreamResult(new
java.io.FileOutputStream("login.out")));
---------------
SERVLET doGet()
---------------
Source xmlSource = null;
Source xslSource = null;
PrintWriter out = null;

xmlSource = new StreamSource (
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/classes/login.xml"));
xslSource = new javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource (
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/classes/login.xsl"));

Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);
response.setContentType("text/html; charset=UTF-8");
out = response.getWriter();
transformer.transform(xmlSource, new StreamResult(out));
//out.println("OK");