Hi,

Can you include a copy of ps x command output and top please? Also, who's jdk
ru using? Sun's or blackdown?

This sounds very strange as I upgraded on mandrake fine. You might wanna
recheck the path variable and make sure that the new java is at the beginning
of the path var, else if u also point across an older version it will use
that.

Adam.