we have been running tomcat 3.2.2 with apache, mod_jk and ajp13 support for
about 3 weeks now. In those weeks the ajp13 module has died 2 times
unexpectately and the only thing the mod_jk.og is showing me is a
jk_ajp13_worker.c (586)]: Error connecting to the Tomcat process.

With a netstat I can see that 8009 is not up anymore, so both times I have
issued a shutdown and a start. That works but (ofcourse) I'd rather not have
this problem at all.

With a ps -ef | grep tomcat I notice that tomcat is still running, but
without the ajp13 service there is, ofcourse, not that much running left when
speaking about funtionality....

Anyone had this before and, better yet, found a solution?

kind regards,

Maarten Hartsuijker