I'm guessing the entire real path to the file also is completely read access
in the file and directory attributes?

Example:
Not sure what OS you are running, but I'm on a Linux system with Apache web
server.  Suppose your file was at /home/somedirectory/htdoc/index.html.  Also
suppose access to the somedirectory directory was restricted to user only
(drwx------).  The page will be forbidden even if index.html and htdoc is
read access for everyone (-rwxr--r-- and drw-r--r-- respectively).

I ran into this for a while trying to get personal web folders to work.
Amazing how the simple little details can be some of the hardest to resolve.

On the mod_jk.log front, I have a log file full of errors and it looks like
something bad happens everytime I access a page under Tomcat control.  The
page still shows up though so I don't know how relevant or not the messages
are.  At present I just have a prototype server for proof of concept and the
errors may break it in production.  I don't know since I just started working
with this stuff a couple of weeks ago.

Just my two cents on the subject.  If this is already covered, then there's
nothing else I can suggest.  Hope you get it worked out soon.

On Thursday 26 July 2001 11:58 pm, you wrote:
> "black holes are,
> when GOD is dividing by zero"

< ... snipped for length ... >

> > > [jk_uri_worker_map.c (185)]: In
>
> jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_free,
>
> > NULL parameters
> >
> > > [jk_uri_worker_map.c (335)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_close,
> >
> > NULL parameter
> >

> > "black holes are,
> > when GOD is dividing by zero"

David Smith, CISSP
Network Operations Supervisor
Cornell University Department of Entomology
2121 Comstock Hall
Ithaca, NY  14853
Phone: (607) 255-9571
Fax: (607) 255-0939