Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:31:33 +1000
>From: Jeff Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Santosh Pasi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Re: Tomcat crashes simultaneous more connection above 990+
>
>Well I think you're completely nuts :) For 10,000 concurrent requests
for>*dynamic* data (or else you'd just be using Apache.. right?), you'd
need a>server farm full of fancy equipment, a load-balancing server, and stuff
that>even my wildly ignorant speculations can't conceive.

>Besides, I don't think any single server with simple
thread-per-request, >blocking IO model can handle that sort of load. A smart fellow
called
Matt>Welsh did his PhD thesis on highly concurrent server apps, and the
results of>his thinking are here:

>http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~mdw/proj/sandstorm/
>
>In particular, the paper "The Staged Event-Driven Architecture for
Highly >Concurrent Servers." is well worth reading.