Mel,

hmmm... yep - think you might be onto it there (o:  ok... just been
re-reading the docs, and to be honest I'm not sure what the

<RequestInterceptor
         className="org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp13Interceptor"
         port="8009"/>

block is about, because I cant find that class either - I would have
expected it to be in webserver.jar... anyway, what I think you should do
is take that out.. .and put this in:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
          <Parameter
name="handler"  value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
          <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
        </Connector>

pop that under the similar entry to Ajp12.  Note thats a Connector not a
RequestInterceptor.  I'm not a tc developer, so wont be able to go into
detail, just making sure we get it right.  Anyway, that should (fingers
crossed) sort things out (o:

On the other hand, you could also try changing your JkMounts from to use
the ajp12 worker instead of ajp13.  but try putting the above in
server.xml first and see how you go.

cheers
dim