Hi folks,

I'm experiencing problems when using the German letters ä ö ü ß in
URL's.

first box: Solaris 2.6, JDK 1.3.0, tomcat 3.2.1
tomcat was installed as binary distribution by a developer from another
company. When using correctly URL-encoded ä ö ü ß there is no problem.
The servlets work fine.

second box: Solaris 7, JDK 1.3.1, tomcat 3.2.1
I compiled and installed tomcat by myself. When using correctly
URL-encoded ä ö ü ß they doesn't seem to get correctly to the servlets
and the servlets fail. The resulting URL contains a ? instead of the
original encoded letter.

I assume this has something to do with localization. The locales on both
boxes are identical. My question is how to configure tomcat to work
correctly.

Thanks,
Frank