                                From:   Craig R. McClanahan
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                                Sent:   Sunday, September 02, 2001 12:07 AM
                                To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
                                Subject:        Re: Logging

                                Tomcat 3.2 does not create access log files
in the format required for
                                tools like WebTrands.  You will need to do
one of the following things:

                                * Run Tomcat 3.2 behind a web server like
Apache (which will create such
                                  log files for you).

                                * Run Tomcat 4.0 in stand-alone mode (which
will create such log files
                                  for you).

                                Craig

                                On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Amit Anand wrote:

                                > Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:59:52 -0400
                                > From: Amit Anand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                > To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                > Subject: Logging
                                >
                                > Hello all,
                                >
                                > I am a new user to Tomcat and I needed
help with probably a very small thing
                                > for you all. I would like a to keep a
track of all IP's coming into my
                                > machine, all pages visited, etc. I am
going to use WebTrends to analyze the
                                > logging information and put into report
form. The question I have is, how
                                > would I go about doing this. The two logs
I have seen, jasper.log and
                                > servlet.log do not give me any real good
statistics. Remember I am not a
                                > developer so I have no clue how to do
this. I am running Tomcat 3.2.3 on