Eric--

I had the same problem--an application that ran fine in Linux (RedHat
6.2) and would lock up on Solaris 2.7 and 2.6.  Both systems with JDK
1.3.1, Tomcat 3.2.3, & Apache 1.3.20.  It would eventually stall and
require restarting.  Sometimes it would go several hours.  Sometimes it
would lock up on the 2d or 3d access.

I never conclusively resolved where the problem was coming from but I
have seemed to fix it.  My index.jsp was loading a session bean and
several frames that used the bean.  From the next exceptions that were
being thrown, I guessed there was a race condition on loading the bean
in  JVM on Solaris.  I rewrote the application to call the session bean
only once in the initial index.jsp and its frames.  Since then it has
run fine--repeated new user hits and no lockups.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>On my RH 6.2 system, with 1 G RAM, I notice that after Tomcat 3.2.3
>has been running for a few hours, when visitors click on links on the
>site, they will get errors like 404 page not found, or unable to
>compile jsp page, or an error has occurred in the java compiler,
>please file a bug report to Sun, or Java out of memory errors.
>
>For any given page, the error message may change to another after one
>clicks on refresh.
>
>The longer Tomcat is up, the more pages are affected.
>
>Only solution is to restart Tomcat.
>
>Any help on this? We're using jdk 1.1.8 (have to)
>
>Eric

Thad Humphries               "...no religious test shall ever be required
Web Development Manager       as a qualification to any office or public
Phone: 540/675-3015, x225     trust under the United States." -Article VI