From: Gregory Baytler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 5:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat consistently crashes Win2000 Server operating system

I had jdk1.3.1 installed on my win2000 server.
I am able to run applets and servlets OK, but I would like to create a JSP
application.
At first, I installed Tomcat 3.0 and created system variables: JAVA_HOME and
TOMCAT_HOME.
I go to dos and cd into directory where startup.bat is, then startup Tomcat.
Tomcat 3.0 would startup OK, but as soon as I enter http://localhost:8080/
into the browser, I get NT blue screen memory dump. So, I installed
jdk1.2.2 - same thing
happened. Then I installed Tomcat 3.2.3 - now I was able to get to Tomcat's
default page, but as soon as I click on Examples link, it crashes windows
again. And also, since then I was not able to even get to default page
anymore. As soon as I enter http://localhost:8080/ into the browser, I get
NT blue screen with memory dump. Can somebody give me any clues on to what
in the world is going on?

Thanks in advance,

-Gregory Baytler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]