I'm developing an application using Tomcat 3.2 (and Struts 1.0).

The problem I'm facing is that the Content-type HTTP header for all my
JSP pages is always set to "text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1", but all my
JSP pages use UTF-8 encoding and I often expect to receive and send
non-Latin characters. I've used <META HTTP-EQUIV="...  in my pages to
specify this, but the HTTP header takes precedence so it's no use.

Is there a way to change this value to either
"text/html;charset=UTF-8" or failing that just plain "text/html",
short of mucking around with the source? Can I configure the media
type for JSP pages somewhere? If not, does this qualify as a bug? Is
this a Tomcat issue or maybe a Struts or Jasper one?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Stephanos Piperoglou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
bolero.net                    <http://www.bolero.net/>