On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Jovie Castaneda wrote:

> > >   Can someone please help me how to make my servlet run when the Tomcat
> > > starts up. What do I have to do in my codes
> > > to impelement this or some setup needed for my Tomcat config.?
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> Hi thanks for the reply but Im really grasping here :(
> I tried to download  tomcat-manual-3.2.3-1.noarch.rpm
> but I dont know how to open this file so I can read on this..
> thanks for guiding me :)

this sort of stuff isn't specific to tomcat, which is why I pointed you at
the spec, rather than the tomcat manual.  however, the tomcat docs should
be included in the tomcat file you downloaded, look in tomcat/docs to see
them.

as for installing rpms , try

# rpm -ivh tomcat-manual-3.2.3-1.noarch.rpm

as root.  rpms are out of the scope of this list, you'd be better off
finding a linux book for that, but I wouldn't worry about it, you dont
need to - just look in the docs directory of tomcat, and the mailing list
acrhives:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/

hth
dim