From: Carl Bacher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 2:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: WAR auto-deploy & context permissions

I'm trying to create contexts for the developers at my site by simply
posting the war file, eg. mycontext.war, in the webapps directory and
restarting tomcat, which creates and automatically extracts it to a
context directory named mycontext.

It works fine, but the permissions on the directories and files are all
only writeable / executable to the owner, which is root (presumably
because tomcat was started as root). They are also all in the root
group.

Is there a way to configure tomcat such that, when the war file is
extracted, the expanded context directory hierarchy has the permissions
it was either jarred up with, or uses an owner/group other than root so
that the permissions can be updated by someone in that group?

I'm currently just specifying the context in the server.xml file,
creating the directory in webapps and extracting the war file manually,
which works just fine.

Thanks, Carl
+++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
document.+++