"Trever M. Shick" wrote:

> Thanks.. Do you know if this works with previous versions of tomcat
> (3.2.3)?
> It's not a requirement, I just don't feel like upgrading now.

It can be done with 3.2.x but you have to modify/extend the JDBC realm
to read parameters from the context.  In the realm authenticate() method
just do something like

    ctx.getInitParameter(namedParameter);

and in your web.xml for the webapp add

    <context-param>
        <param-name>namedParameter</param-name>
        <param-value>YourValue</param-value>
    </context-param>

You can then extend the logic to do what you want for your specific
context.

Rgds
Antony