Hi,

maybe I have a solution. Your're using the isapi_redirect.dll and access
your contexts via IIS 4, right? Have you tried accessing your pages
using Tomcat directly? Does it work then?

I have a machine running W2k, IIS 5 and Tomcat - and had exactly the
same problem: The dialog box appeared asking for username and password
but you were unable to login. But the thing did work when accessing the
page through Tomcat on normal HTTP.

What helped was the following: I defined exactly the same users within
W2k having guest roles for IIS 5. And then the IIS did let through the
requests because he "knew" the users and their correct passwords.

So the problem seems to be IIS (in my case version 5 - maybe it's the
same with 4) or the isapi_redirect.dll neglegting the requests because
it doesn't recognize the users/passwords if they are not defined within
W2k in a parallel way.

bestWISHES

Ingo