From: Alec Bickerton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 18:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WAR files (URGENT)

26/11/2001 16:07:53, keiths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can you clarify this.

I have just tried the following...

1- remove the war file from the webapp dir
2- recreate the war file @jar cvf timeservlet.war *
3atry to intall using manager app from current location /var/tomcat4/,
same error : FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/tomcat4/webapps/time/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
                (No such file or directory)

THE FILE IS IN THE WAR FILE ON THE PATH SHOWN

3b try to install on /var/tomcat/webapps/

Same result.

What am I doing wrong.......

>common error is the war file is placed in webapps directory but is not
>"created" there.  "jar cf myapp.war myapp" from webapp dir is wrong,
>"jar cf myapp.war *" from your application directory, then move the war
>file up to webapp directory.
>
>Alec Bickerton wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can someone plz tell me how to install a web app packaged as a WAR file
on tomcat 4.0.1 ?

>> I've tried following the instructions in tomcat-docs but when I try them
I get a file not foud exception even though all the file in question is
in the