From: Mike Kelley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?

I found some JDBC drivers for accesing an IBM AS400
But I can't get them to work within the browser environment. I placed an
entry in my system variables
Name: CLASSPATH
Value: loacation of JDBC.jar file;location of JDBC license.jar
(in windows is CLASSPATH = Path???????)

The Drivers came with a few applets; with the correct information these
applets will connect to my as400 db but with the same info my jsp pages
won't connect,
I keep getting errors that look like this

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
Exception Report:
javax.servlet.ServletException: hit.as400.As400Driver

Root Cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: hit.as400.As400Driver

Where should these jar files be placed? Do they need to be within the webapp
tree? DO I need to reference their location in the server.xml file?? Should
they be placed within the  JDK tree???

Anyone?