Thank you for your reply, Denis.
I am sure the value I try to put  in a session is not null.  We used
Websphere and Tomcat 4.0.1 as our testing environment and the codes are
running OK.  Only when we tried to use Tomcat3.3 giving us this error
message.  We suspect either our setting in wrong or there is a bug in
Tomcat3.3.

Bill

"Denis Balazuc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/04/2001 02:38:37 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>