Greetings!

Let's try this again.  From the error message below, it would appear
that there is something WRONG with
"org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession".  Note from the error that
we get a "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError" - the method does not exist.

After reading the Catalina Javadocs, it becomes aparent there are two
StandardSessionFacade constructors.  One is:

StandardSessionFacade(javax.servlet.http.HttpSession session);
the other is
StandardSessionFacade(org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession
session)

It would appear that the catalina session version is getting called by
default, because I ask for no specific one in my code.  The problem is
that there is NO "StandardSession" class, according to the javadocs - or
if there is (undocumented), it is missing the "putSession" method, as
stated in the error.

I think this is a BUG in Catalina.  Why call one particular constructor
by default, which does not use the standard javax classes, and then NOT
supply all the required session methods?  NOTE - this constructor is
called OUTSIDE my code by other Catalina code - I have no real control
over which constructor is used.

Does anyone in the developmer community know of a workaround?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:1185)

 at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)

 at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)

 at
qti.object.Login.putSession(Login.java:572)