That fixed it :)

If you are ever in Tennessee, I'm going to have to buy you a cold one.

Thanks!
______________________________
Joseph Chandler
Software Engineer
Franke Holding USA
305 Tech Park Drive
La Vergne, TN  37086
USA
Switchboard: +1-615-287-8243
Fax: +1-615-287-8343
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.franke.com

                    "Craig R.

                    McClanahan"          To:     Tomcat Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <craigmcc@apa        cc:

                    che.org>             Subject:     Re: Drive Mapping with drive
letters

                    01/03/2002

                    01:29 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:15:15 -0600
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Drive Mapping with drive letters
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Tomcat 4.01 standalone on a win2000 box and need to map a
> network drive as a context so that I can see the stuff with relative
paths.
> Can I do something like the tag below?  The doc has lots of examples but
> none that deal with drive letters (probably since it's a win32 only
thing).

> <Context path="F:/myapp/pics" docBase="pictures" debug="0" privileged
="true
> " />
>
> Could someone correct this or point me to some documentation that I may
> have overlooked?

Try turning things around a little, and you will do better:

  <Context path="/pictures" docBase="F:/myapp/pics" ... />

The "path" attribute is the context path of the webapp (so its contents
would be vislble via URLs like "http://localhost:8080/pictures/foo.gif";),
while the "docBase" attribute is the relative or absolute pathname to the
base directory for this web application.

See the Server Configuration Reference documentation included with Tomcat
for more details on all the server.xml settings.  It's also available
online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-docs/config/

> Joseph Chandler

Craig McClanahan