"Armbrus, Daniel C." presuntamente escribió:

>My problem is that whenever Tomcat is started, it spawns off at least 30
>processes identified only as java when I do a ps -e command, and each one
of
>these processes eats up about 23.1 MB of Ram, which ends up making Tomcat
>take more than 900 MB of RAM when no one is even hitting the server!

They are NOT processes, they are threads, well... that linux-threads
"hybrid" -don't flame me, please, I use Linux happily everyday on the
server side-. And those threads are "sharing" 23 MB of ram (if all of them
are under the same Java instance, use ps -axf for a fancy look of this),
don´t panic.

By the way, this question has been answered many times on this list. You
can find useful information by browsing or searching the archives at:

http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/index.jsp or
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/ or... google
can give you more

Francisco J. Novella