Hi,

I am having trouble using a self-defined class called User.class (part of a
package called login).
The import directive I use in my JSP file is
<%@ page language="java" import="login.*"%>
The location of User.class is
jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes\login
Tomcat version: 3.2.3
JDK version: 1.4.0_beta2
I am not using a .jar file for my class files.
I heard that the problem goes away if I use Tomcat 4.0, but I have to stick
with this version. Here is the error output:

Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/login/results.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror:
Invalid class file format:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes\login\User.class,
wrong version: 46, expected 45

What is this 'version 45'? How do I make my file version 45?
I would appreciate any help explaining why the compiler complains, and how
to resolve the problem.

Thanks, Egil