I was trying to get Tomcat to work with Jmagick, and I appear to be
having some problems which cause Tomcat to stop working, but it leaves
a bunch of threads going.  For some reason I can't kill these threads
using the ordinary 'kill -9' method.  This is under Mandrake Linux,
with a 2.4 kernel.  Any sugestions on how to kill these threads which
never die?  I don't want to have to reboot this computer all the
time.  That's a Windows thing!

Also, I am having a lot of problems with getting Jmagick to work.  It
can link in and do some things, but it seems to crash a lot, too.
Basically, I am trying to set up Tomcat so that users can download
images, which are then stored in a DB.  To do this, the images need to
be scaled down to a certain maximum size (ie, we don't want 1000x1000
images) and I also need to convert formats, to go from JPEG/GIF/PNG to
PNG and WBMP.  Any alternatives to Jmagick?

Thanks!