Dear friends,

I found some info about Java GC-performence, they said Java GC-performence
has some problems(for ex., they said for a long living-period object, before
this
object is GCed, sometiomes all objects made inside that object(by "new")
will not
be GCed, even if the programmers already set all references of those objects
to null),
I want to discuss to them, but I don't have enough knowledge and experience
:-),
 can you give me some directions about Java-GC? I will go to discuss to them
immediatelly  :-) :-) :-)

- in TOMCAT-USER List, I found several emails about memory-leak, is it
possible
  this memory-leak is not from MyServlet-programming or
container-programming,
  but from the GC-performence of JVM?

- is Java-GC better than "reference-countering"?
- is Java-GC better than "share_point/scoped_ptr/shared_ptr in boost-lib"?
- is Java-GC better than "auto_ptr in std-lib"?

Thanks in advance! :-)
Bo
Jan.09, 2002