Yup.  I built mod_webapp from nightly snapshot (didn't use the excessively
old version included with the TC binaries).  There have been a lot of bug
fixes and support for SSL was added in version 1.1.

Why?  Is it not working on your system?  I would note if anyone on the list
decides to build their own mod_webapp, that they also build warp.jar and
replace the existing version in Tomcat.  mod_webapp.so and warp.jar seem to
be a matched pair -- replace one and the other should be also.

--David