Sorry if the same question was asked before, but I just could not
find the answer I need. I'm wondering what was missed in my steps and
why my apache server did not pass the information to tomcat server.

I am on Solaris 8 platform with gcc 2.95.3.
My apache 1.3.22 built with the following:
$ configure --with-port=5000 --prefix=$HOME/apache-tomcat \
        --enable-module=so --enable-module=most --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
$ make;make install

It works when I run http://myhost.com:5000

Tomcat runs ok on http://myhost.com:8080 too.
CATALINA_HOME=$HOME/tomcat.

I download the webapp1.0.1 and run
$ support/buildconf.sh --with-apxs=$HOME/apache-tomcat/bin/apxs
$ configure --with-apxs=$HOME/apache-tomcat/bin/apxs \
        --with-tomcat=$HOME/tomcat --enable-debug
$ make #successfully build mod_webapp.so under the apache1.3 directory as
    the document said.

I copied mod_webapp.so to $HOME/apache-tomcat/libexec and added
the following lines to the httpd.conf.
LoadModule webapp_module libexec/moe_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c # my httpd.conf does not have any other AddModule
line.
ServerName myhost.com
        WebAppConnection warpConnection      warp  myhost.com:8008
        WebAppInfo      /webapp-info
        WebAppDeploy     examples  warpConnection  /examples/

$ $HOME/apache-tomcat/bin/apachectl configtest # told me Syntax OK

I have changed the 'localhost' in the server.xml file to 'myhost.com'.
Both $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh and $HOME/apache-tomcat/apachectl start,
but I just cannot access http://myhost:5000/webapp-info.

The apache error file tells me that $APACHE_HOME/htdocs/webapp-info does
not found instead of passing it to the tomcat server.

What was missed from my tasks?

Furthermore, I got the following error message in the
tomcat/logs/apache*.txt when
I shutdown tomcat.
2002-01-15 12:47:22 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
Exception on socket
java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(WarpConnection.java:2
37) at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(WarpRequestHand
ler.java:112) at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:19
4)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Tulan