I need to store some information into a database that will store some unique
information based on the computer that is accessing the application.  This
works fine when clients are accessing the production server from different
machines, but causes a problem when developers are running a copy of tomcat
on their local machines.  Since everyone shares a database, all users that
are developing are returning 127.0.0.1 for request.getRemoteAddr(), and
causing multiple entries that are the same into the database.

Does anyone know of a way that I can use request.getRemoteAddr() or
something similiar to store unique information?  Can I change that IP
address so that all development machines have a unique value?

Brandon