Hi,

am trying to execute a servlet within a jar file.
I gathered so far that I had to copy the jar file in ./WEB-INF/lib

As an alternative I've extracted the content of that jar file an
put the classes under ./WEB-INF/classes.
The problem is that the servlet I want to execute is buried within
several subdirectories and when extracted it looked like something like:

MyWebapp/subdirectory1/subdirectory2/subdirectory3/servlet1.class

Like I said I copied all the servlets under /subdirectory3 into ./WEB-INF/classes
but when tried to run it manually ( http://localhost:8080/MyWebapp/servlet/servlet1)
it can up with a error mentioning the above directory structure so I gathered
the servlets object to move out the directory structure.
I then moved all the above directory structure back (including moving back the
servlets under
/directory3) under ./WEB-INF/classes but when I tried to run again it just wouldn't
find my
servlet (resource ....is not available).

So how do I run the servlet manually ((like
http://localhost:8080/MyWebapp/servlet/servlet1)
using the jar file or how organise my directories so my servlet work when extracted
under ./WEB-INF/classes ?

Thanks
Dom