On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Anton Brazhnyk wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:50:33 +0200
> From: Anton Brazhnyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: applet deployment/access
>
> Hi,

The security reason is that no client request (applet or not) is allowed
to access any resources under "/WEB-INF" (see Section 9.6 of the Servlet
2.3 spec, which you can get from
<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html>).

Applet developers must arrange that all files needed by the applet
(including the class or JAR files themselves) are available from someplace
in the web application *other* than the WEB-INF directory.

Craig McClanahan