On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Sergei Batiuk wrote:

> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:04:25 +0200
> From: Sergei Batiuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Custom Authentication
>
> Hello,
>
> ------------------------
> If you mean a 'Login API', it doesn't exist in Tomcat.... You need to use
> form-based login instead.

Or write your own custom Realm implementation, using Tomcat's internal
APIs.  You'll need to download the Tomcat sources and look at the
org.apache.catalina.Realm interface (plus the existing implementations in
the org.apache.catalina.realm package).

> There is "InitialContext" in Tomcat. This is how I used it to set up
> DataSource ( Tomcat 4.1.0) :

The general docs for this are at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Craig