Hello Anton,

>Name of start class for me is org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService,
>it also a stop class too.
>Here is me inst.bat for installing Tomcat as a service:
>(all at one line)
>
>@tomcat.exe -install Tom C:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll
>-jvm_option -Djava.class.path=C:\tomcat.402b2\bin\bootstrap.jar
>-jvm_option -Dcatalina.home=C:\tomcat.402b2 -start
>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService
>-params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService
>-params stop -out C:\tomcat.402b2\logs\service.out -err
>C:\tomcat.402b2\logs\service.err

Many thanks for this info. This works for me too.

>You still can add -X or -server options but they should be after -jvm_option.

I tried to add -X parameters, but somehow tomcat.exe does not accept my input.

Am I correct in assuming that -X params are jvm params and therefore need
-jvm_option in front? I tried the following (which does not work):

tomcat.exe -install "Apache Tomcat"
C:\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_02\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll -jvm_option
-Djava.class.path=D:\Tomcat4.0\bin\bootstrap.jar -jvm_option
-Dcatalina.home=d:\tomcat4.0 -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -jvm_option -Xms128M
-jvm_option -Xmx256M -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
d:\tomcat4.0\logs\service.out -err d:\tomcat4.0\logs\service.err

I put everything in a batch file all on one line (very readable!! but
Windoof does not recognise \ as a line continue char like a C
pre-processor). Do you see whats wrong with my command above?

Thanks again!

Thomas

By the way: I try to subscribe to the dev mailing list to get more
information about the sources of this tomcat.exe program! If I get any info
I will post it here.