On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Rafael wrote:

> This is my $JAVA_HOME: /etc/jdk1.3.1_02
>
> To USE ANT, you need to specify the directory /etc/jdk1.3.1_02 (in my case),
> without the last slash "/".
>
> Changing this to another PATH will not let me use the ANT command, I did the
> "ant compile" and it went well, no  problems at all, but when trying to do a
> "ant dist", it gives me the same problem.. :(
>
> What can it be?? How can this be fixed?

Okay, in your .bash_profile (or .cshrc or .tcshrc or what ever) in your
home directory you give the following (or similar):

JAVA_HOME=/etc/jdk1.3.1_02
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export JAVA_HOME
export PATH

After this (and running in your home directory "source .bash_profile") you
could try the following:

>java -version

This should show the version information of your JDK. If you can't see the
version information but an error, then try to modify your PATH again. The
javadoc tool is in your /etc/jdk1.3.1_02/bin directory and therefore that
directory should be in your PATH (right?) in order to get Tomcat compiled.

Hope this helps. I'm not an expert on Linux/Unix shells.

--teemu