> Is it correct, that session tracking with TOMCAT is only possible if
> Cookies are allowed in the browser. Or is there any configuration
> possibility to use URL rewriting if a browser has cookies disabled?

You can use URL rewriting, but it will also require that your HTML server
(Apache?) be configured to let this through.

If you do so, you will always get a session id variable added to URLs for
people without cookies, *OR* the first visit to a page - as no cookie is
sent on the first access.

You will get no rewrite for URLs for users with cookies.

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk