> Does "garbage collector" run automatically when a session set by
> setMaxInactiveInterval() times out?

No, gc runs when the jre thinks it should.  That's all you need to know!
(Well, that's the position of the java designers).

When it runs it *will* remove inactive sessions and de-allocate their
memory.

You can tell the system that you would like it run by calling System.gc()
*but* that doesn't actually *force* the issue (as I understand matters).

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk